[VHFcontesting] K8JWT CQ-VHF Contest plans as of 7/13/09

Jacob Tennant k8jwt at comcast.net
Mon Jul 13 10:40:56 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

                As of today I am planning for a Single Op/All Band operation
from FM09 for this weekends contest running my FT-857D , 100watts on 6meters
/ 50watts on 2meters, with 11 element beam on 2meters and either a KU4AB
loop antenna (if it arrives in time) or a dipole for 6meters.

                I am planning on running most of the contest from Cooper's
Rock Fire Tower site at 2800'amsl FM09cq (20miles west of Morgantown,WV)
unless weather or Murphy changes those plans. Alternate site is FM09ao at
1800'amsl closer to Morgantown.

                If all else fails, which I hope it doesn't, I will do a
small scale rover with same dipole/halo on 6meters and a WA5VJB Cheap Yagi
5element beam on 2meters. If this happens I will be running grids
FM09,EM99,FN00,EN90.

                All of my plans are fluid at this time as I still need to
confirm financial resources for the fuel, etc. . .

                Will send out another email when plans are 100% confirmed.
Friday at the very latest.

Will see you on the air this weekend,

Jacob Tennant - K8JWT