[VHFcontesting] N1LF/R Plans for CQ VHF July Contest

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Tue Jul 14 13:25:18 PDT 2009

An unexpected request form a client to come to Tampa, Florida for training this week has radically altered my plans for the contest.

N1LF/R will be active in the CQ VHF July Contest on 2 Meters (200 Watts into 10 Elements) and 6 Meters (100 Watts into a KU4AB Loop):

Saturday: 1800 UTC- I'll be looking for a high spot just North of Tampa in the "Land of Lakes, FL" area. Should be here all day.
Sunday:   0900 UTC- We start the trek back home, which will take me through EL88, EL89, EL80, EM70, EM71, EM61, EM62, and EM63.

We may alter the route to work a few more grids if possible. While in motion, I'll switch to the KU4AB stacked loops on 2 Meters, but will be able to stop and use the Yagi at times.

Best bet is to look for us on APRS. My SSID is N1LF-1. We would also appreciate those who check us on APRS or work us on the air spotting us to the various reflectors during the event. You can follow our progress at:

http://www.proaviator.com/findu/

Just type in "N1LF-1" and hit "find". We'll have the APRS running most of the time. If the packet is old, that means that we've stopped and turned it off to minimize interference to our weak signal stuff. But we will be on the air! Have fun everyone and listen for the weak ones!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park