[VHFcontesting] N3FJP/R

k4esa at yahoo.com k4esa at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 00:01:19 PDT 2009

David,

I really like the N3FJP for its simple clean layout and ease of used. I took me about 5 contacts the first time I saw it at FD last year as a new ham to master it.  I have used it for last three contests before this, 2 that were 10-10 and the June VHF, plus FD this year at the VHF station at NFARL without any problems up loading files.

I had to use paper files for the 10-10 mobile event, then put them in text files to submit. BTW  I placed 1st in world in QRP class and 6Th overall in that event, with a score 4 times last years overall winner. Reason I covered that is our group all had to paper log, including  the 5 who finished ahead of me that had 4- 6 times the contacts and counties I did.  All most all of us use N3FJP for contesting and tell the local Atlanta 10-10  chapter members to use it for those events  So we are looking for a logging program for next years 10-10 mobile event, as 6-10 of us plan to go out together next year like the pack rovers in VHF events.  In that event each county you operate from is a unique log to submit because you are an all "new" contact in each county, like new grids for rovers in  VHF events. So far all I have found is WIN10-10 to do it.  and you have to mail the funds snail mail to buy it.   I am looking at Rover Log to see
 if it will handle, or can be made to handle  the 10-10 mobile event.

N3FJP software  does a great job  overall, and Scott and Kimberly have been OUTSTANDING!!!!  in their support of and on the yahoo group.  I watched the tech support for a while before I bought the complete software suite for the great price of USD$40.00.   And these are the only two "rubs" I have found so far that have not be addressed, and one of them would be a special program to cover a event that draws less than 100 logs world wide some years.

BTW your login codes show up VERY fast after Paypaling funds.  I sent funds in 15 min before the first 10-10 contest and got my login before the contest started!

73 de Bob,

 K4ESA EM74qc

Bob Mantell
k4esa at yahoo.com