[VHFcontesting] New on 432 Summary

David All n3xudfm19 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 10:57:10 PDT 2009

Thanks for input New on 432

A great big thank you to all of you who responded with excellent input to
help myself and others improve their 432 station.

Summary of Responses

1-     Clean Line of Sight location with as much elevation possible is
important.

2-     Preamp- helpful but not absolute.

3-     Power- More Power is All Ways Better!!

4-     Antenna-  11 elements is good on gain but will have to be right on
target with the other station pointing back at you.

a.       Stacking or more elements was the suggestion.

5-     Coax- Short runs are best and go with high quality.

Thanks again for all the great input.  This info was a big help for me to
plan ahead for improvements in my personal rover, hope it will help some one
else as well.  Thank You.

Dave N3XUD/R FM19