[VHFcontesting] 223.5 worth having

Steve Clifford k4gun.r at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:28:22 PDT 2009

On my first rove, I didn't have 222 SSB.  I built a small, hand-held yagi
for 223.5 and ran it to my Yaesu VX6R.  I think I made 6 contacts and 3
mults in January.  Considering that it was my first rove and activity wasn't
great, I was very happy with the results.  If I did it again, I would likely
get a lot more than that.  Its often just a matter of asking other stations
to try it.  Because you're not asking guys to switch to vertical antennas,
it isn't a big problem just  to switch to FM.

Give it a shot.

Steve
K4GUN/R