[VHFcontesting] VE3/KC8QVO - EN39 June operations Update

steve d kc8qvo at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 10:20:16 PDT 2009

Hi All-

I just wanted to post a more firm update on my trip timing.

We will be leaving on June 15th (a week away!). I should be up there the following evening. If all goes well I will have a radio on the air June 17th. Weather permitting, I will get working hard on the antennas on the 17th and hopefully get everything up in a timely manner. If the weather is bad I will try and toss up a 6m dipole just to have something up in the air on VHF.

I will be bringing a Hustler 5BTV for HF also. This should be pretty easy to set up so even if it is raining (no thunderstorms!) I should be able to get that one up and runnning.

The plan is to take off on Wednesday the 24th, so I will have to use the day before to take everything down. I will leave a dipole or a vertical up for 6m until right before we leave, though. That way I can catch any last minute QSO's as I am packing HI.

So the timeframe looks like June 17-23 for the bulk of the operating. Spread the word, and if you hear me on the air - PLEASE POST ON THE REFLECTORS! I usually use vhfdx.net for propagation/QSO mapping, I am sure you guys all know of a zillion others.

I hope to work you on the bands!
Steve, KC8QVO