[VHFcontesting] N8UR -- EN75 operation in contest

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Jun 10 09:54:12 PDT 2009

N8UR, W8RKO, and WD8DPA will be operating from the south end of Beaver
Island, in northern Lake Michigan, during the contest this weekend.
We'll be in EN75 on 6, 2, 70cm, 1296, and 10 GHz.  Antennas and power
levels will be modest -- basically, a small rover setup -- but we'll
give it a shot.

Unfortunately, there is no cellphone or internet coverage where we're
operating or where we are staying (I drove 8 miles into town to send
this message!) so arranging skeds will be challenging.  But we'll be
listening and calling on the normal frequencies.

We hope that Sunday morning may offer some interesting ducting
possibilities, especially for 10 GHz, so we'll make a special effort to
be on at that time.

73,
John   N8UR