[VHFcontesting] RE KO4MA/R plans

Bob Mantell k4esa at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 13:05:14 PDT 2009

Hi Drew,

I am in the bottom of EM74 near I-75, and  will be on 6, 2, 70cm and 223.5 FM.  I will be listening for you as you come north and go northeast.

73 de Bob,

 K4ESA EM74qc

Bob Mantell
k4esa at yahoo.com

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:27:33 -0400
From: "Andrew Glasbrenner" <glasbrenner at mindspring.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KO4MA/R plans
To: <FLWSS at flwss.net>,    <vhfcontesting at contesting.com>
Cc: Dave- AJ4LU <aj4lu at urbaneering.com>

AJ4LU and I will be on as a Limited Rover with all four bands as KO4MA/R.
The current plan is run and gun, starting the contest from near the EL88/89
border, head north on I75, then northeast on I85, with an overnight stop
near Greenville or Spartanburg, SC. Early morning Sunday we'll try to be on
from EM85 and 95 before heading down I26 to I95, and back to Florida. If we
have time and are still awake, we'll cross back on I4, do the loop around
the EL87/88/97/98 corner, and back home to Tampa.

Grids we hope to be on from:
EL88
EL89
EM80
EM81
possible detour to EM71 and EM72
EM82
EM83
EM73
EM84 (overnight)
EM85
EM95
EM94
EM93
EM92
EM91
EM90
EL99
EL98
possible detour to EL97 and EL87
EL88

FT-857D and Par Moxon on 6m, and 146.55
IC-910 and 180w amp to 5 element yagi or M2 loop on 2m
IC-910 to 11 element yagi or M2 loop on 70cm
FT-817 and XV-222 to 5 element yagi on 1.25cm (new to us gear, no amp yet)
Yaesu G-800 to point the antennas.

We'll be heavily relying on your 6 digit grid to stay pointed while in
motion. If the tropo situation over the Gulf is as good as it looks it might
be, we may head out US98 through the panhandle before looping north. If we
do this I'll post a note before the contest starts.

Hope to work many of you, many times.

73, Drew KO4MA, and Dave AJ4LU