[VHFcontesting] K9ZF /R June VHF QSO Party plans....Crazy Dan the contest guy is at it again.

Dan Evans dan.evans at insightbb.com
Fri Jun 12 15:37:49 PDT 2009

Everything is coming together very slow, but I'm making progress.

I'll have my 3 bands, 6, 2, & 432.

6 meters, FT897D, 100 watts, to a Par Moxon @ 24'.
2 meters, FT897D, 160 watts, 10 elements @ 18'.
432 Mhz, FT897D, 100 watts, 18 elements @ 21'.

Here's the schedule:

1800 to 1930 EM67xw a beautiful park just out side of Fort Knox, KY
2030 to 2200  EM77aw about 10 miles from the park.
2300 to 0000 EM68wo  in Salem, Indiana.  The city park here is around
900' elevation.  Very good for Indiana:-)
0030 to 0200 EM78cn a hilltop near Henryville, Indiana.  This hilltop is
over 1000' and one of the best sites I've found.   I'll stay here as
long as activity holds out.

On Sunday, I plan to hit the grid corner just north of Indianapolis,
near Noblesville.  I haven't been here in a couple of years so I don't
remember the 6 digit grids, but the spots will be near the grid corner.

~1300-1500 EN60
1530-1730 EN70
1800-2000 EM79
2030-2230 EM69

Hoping 6 will cooperate,
73 and GL!

73
Dan
--
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at: