[VHFcontesting] N1LF/R Plans for Saturday

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Sat Jun 13 07:03:48 PDT 2009

N1LF/R is in route to Talladega Mountain in EM73 for the contest. Plans are to stay in that grid throughout the afternoon, and hope to catch some early evening tropo. I'm QRT on nine bands including 1.2ghz, 2.3, 3.5, 5.7, and 10ghz. Thanks to Jimmy Long, W4ZRZ and Bill Capps, AF4OD for the loan of transverters, amps, and antennas.

Later tonight I'll be on Locust Ridge in EM63. Tomorrow morning the plan is for Beck's Mountain in EM61, which is "kind of" rare for Alabama. Please listen hard for the weak ones, and GL to all in the contest.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park