[VHFcontesting] June VHF report

Steve Piotrowski stevepio at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 05:53:35 PDT 2009

Wow. Just Wow.

We had a BALL! kc2qzf/r with K9KVN co-pilot travelled from FN03 (home), worked in FN02, FN03, FN12, FN13, FN22, FN23. Worked a ton of contacts, big 6M openings, glad we took 220 FM! Did some surprisingly long 220 FM contacts with a vertical on the fender and a 25W mobile.

Had some real good 2M openings also. Nothing broke, everything worked reasonably well. Bottom 4 bands was not a change for me with the new rules so we pretty much took the same gear as january, but no problems with snowplows this time.

Check my APRS tracks if you want. kc2qzf-8.

If we worked you, thank you.

73s all.

Steve KC2QZF the limited limited rover