[VHFcontesting] Phoenix Persceptive (DM33)

Jim N7TCF n7tcf at cox.net
Tue Jun 16 15:27:55 PDT 2009

The competition was fierce Saturday as we fought beam to beam for the
WAL Award (Worked All Locals).

Later 6m opened and some joy was found.

Thanks to K6DYD,KI6CQ, W6LQR, K6VCR and KG6IYN, we worked scatter on 6 &
2 into southern California.

6m Es to Montana and the Dakotas was strong and long-lasting. Very good
for those fellows. Slim pickings on this end.

6m opened to Mexico briefly, but only two stations were heard, XE2HWB
and XE1AY.

I learned that a M^2 2m12 works acceptably on 432, out to 60 miles.
Beyond that I found using the real 432 beam was much better.

Jim N7TCF