[VHFcontesting] Rent a Fire lookout?

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 14:01:30 PDT 2009

No but I think it is a great idea!

We used to have a tower similar to a lookout tower at the Wullenweber site
of the University of Illinois south of Bondville, IL. It was 110 feet to the
top platform. A group did the January VHF contest there back in the late
70's (and got snowed in by a blizzard!)

I wish it were still there. I'd love to do a contest from something like
that.

73, Zack W9SZ