[VHFcontesting] Brain pickin' time

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 19:15:29 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM, <kb7dqh at donobi.net> wrote:

> Guess it depends on what kind of hills you got...

Hills, there ain't no hills in S/E Texas to speak of unless you count
the two bridges over the Houston Ship channel.  The coast plains are
FLAT period.  If I were to move up into the piney woods where there
are some hills the number with public access are few and then we have
huge trees to deal with.

I'm trying to come up with something light weight and small enough to
be towed by even the smallest of automobiles.  This will increase its
versatility and can be used for other events like field day a the
MS-150 that I work each year.  I've looked at used mini-buses, bread
trucks and like everyone dreamed about a used ENG van.  Those are all
far more expensive than a small trailer, the insurance & registration
is a fraction of additional vehicle, it doesn't have to pass emission
testing and the general maintenance is a heck of a lot less.

Nor am I trying to activate 9 grids, maybe just 3 or 4.  At some time
I may shift my focus and try to do more but I just don't see that for
now.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com