[VHFcontesting] Upgrade for your Rover?

kb7dqh at donobi.net kb7dqh at donobi.net
Sat Jun 27 00:37:21 PDT 2009

Looks familiar... Crank fits into the gearbox at the top of the section
below the one you "wind up" and move the crank to the next lower, step and
repeat...  Wonder what a machine shop would charge for cutting the rack
and matching gear???  Could be "hambrewed" easily with square aluminum
tube,
UHMW plastic spacers, and use wire rope and pulleys to "squirt it out"...
Someone did this in California, had it set up at MUD 2005 but broke a pulley
that was not up to the task. Otherwise made a great platform for the
microwave gear...
Eric
KB7DQH