[VHFcontesting] Handing out things (for thinking about not discussion)

Paul Decker kg7hf at comcast.net
Mon Jun 29 09:44:34 PDT 2009

The technicality is that it in the case of someone building a bunch of rover boxes, they are only being handed out once to one person.   Carrying around an ht to hand out to someone to make a contact, then to retrive it only to hand out the same ht again is against the rules.   Now if you had 'n' number of rigs, and were handing out a different rig to each person, that is a different story.

The only exception to this is for a "family" where a rig is shared among each family member.   In other words, I can use my rig in the contest with my call sign.   My daughter (kb1ogl) can use my rig when I'm not on the air using her callsign, both of our calls count for points for other stations in the contest.  However, my neighbor can't come over and use his call on my rig to hand out points.

At least that is how I read the rules for most arrl contests.

Paul (KG7HF)