[VHFcontesting] Questions on making a valid contest QSO.

Keith Morehouse w9rm at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 15:47:31 PDT 2009

K7CW wrote:

> The FCC rules have it that you must give your call at least once per
> contact. Otherwise the contest rules specify what they want from you.

It depends on what you mean by "once per contact".  As far as I'm concerned, this is sufficient:

CQ CONTEST W9RM
W9RM K7CW
K7CW EN52
QSL CN87
THANKS QRZ W9RM

Technically, I have "given my call" during this contact and so have you - matter of fact we've EACH given both calls.  To do much more will cut into your rate when the bad is hot.  We're here to generate Q's, not monologue...

Jay W9RM