[VHFcontesting] My Proposal to the VUAC

rover at ke5exx.com rover at ke5exx.com
Thu Mar 19 04:37:54 PDT 2009

Ok, it's my turn.

I operate a 7 (or 8 if I get it all working right) band rover. I've been
roving for a few years now and love it.

There has been a contest or two where I didn't want to reload all of the
amps and transverters back into my everyday vehicle and decided to go
"Classic Rover" mode.

I'd like to think that I would be pretty competitive as a "Classic Rover"
if all "Classic Rovers" were equal.

I'm not about to cry FOUL or anything like that. But here's my proposal to
what a LIMITED ROVER/SIMPLE ROVER/BASIC ROVER would be.

It's open for discussion, if you like it forward it to your favorite VUAC
Representative. If you don't like, dump it in the Flam/Trash bin.

For the LIMITED ROVER/SIMPLE ROVER/BASIC ROVER Class:

A single non-amplified, non-transverted transceiver operated by one
operator or a family of operators. The transceiver is limited to the
frequencies and power available to that transceiver and modules available
from the tranceiver's manufacturer.

Examples of transceiver limitations:

Icom IC-706mkIIg is limited to 50 MHz @ 100W, 144 MHz @ 50W, 440 MHz @ 20W
Icom IC-7000 is limited to 50 MHz @ 50W, 144 MHz @ 50W, 440 MHz @ 35W