[VHFcontesting] sneaky LPDA

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 17:12:07 PDT 2009

 Sebastian is right,

If you go to them with a 45 foot tower proposal and they say no, then you are now a target.  It would be better that you put up a good LPDA and go with that.  I do not know much about the 50-1.2 type, but its what i would do if I were you.  I use elk lpdas on 432 and 222 with good results of 300-400 miles qsos.   I imagine they would be good on wsjt as well.

I would put up a slightly beefier post tha your nieghbors and a few feethigher. Maybe even use a 8 foot glen martin to holde her up. Then attach a bearing and a small pully to errect hf dipoles using fine aluninum wire.  This worked for me and the wire handled a kw.

Of course add each piece as time goes by.