[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Log Periodic Antenna Performance?

kb8u vhf kb8u_vhf at hotmail.com
Sat May 9 08:00:55 PDT 2009

I recommend choosing 1 or 2 of your favorite bands and put up 1 or 2 yagis about the same boom length as your neighbor's antenna and about the same height.  If no one complains then after a year pursue the 45 foot tower.  I wouldn't bother with a LPA.  I've used a Tennadyne T31 for 50-1296 and as other's have noted it works about as well as a 3 element yagi.  OK on 6, marginal on 2 and.. well, better than nothing on the higher bands (but the attic yagis would probably work better).

-Russ  KB8U