[VHFcontesting] Log periodic

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Sat May 9 19:02:52 PDT 2009

About 3 yrs ago there was a company that had bought out the antenna end of C3i (I think) and they were producing a multi-band antenna with multiple elements for each of the usual VHF ham bands on 1 boom. I think it was demonstrated at the NEWS VHF Conference 3-4 yrs ago...I am sure the NEWS guys will remember.

I have an LP that is for 100-1400MHz. I keep it in the attic for the times I operate at home as outdoor antennas not permitted where I live--it is fixed to NE an I live near Philly. Performance is "fair" about 3db gain on 2-222-432 and 1296, and it is directional. NE3I has a similar LP and uses it mounted outdoors at about 20' high with a TV rotor and he gets reasonable "local" coverage.

Rick , K1DS