[VHFcontesting] Roving for Grids

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Tue May 12 09:46:25 PDT 2009

Thanks to Gene Zimmerman, and others who corrected my mistake regarding
VUCC. I've redrawn my maps this morning with a 100km circle around my home
QTH. That insures that any contacts made from within that radius will count
along with grids worked from my home QTH.

/Portable operation is out of the question, since limiting myself to 10
watts of power isn't going to help the grid totals. Even roving may be a
waste of time, since it seems unlikely that I'll pick up many new grids in
the process. Instead, I may concentrate on getting WSJT working on the rig
I'm taking and seek to maximize contacts on 2 Meters from a quiet, clear
spot.

Lots to consider, and many locations to scout before making a final
decision.

As always thanks for the advice.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF