[VHFcontesting] Waterproofing a gamma match

John Geiger aa5jg at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 18:48:35 PDT 2009

The Gamma match for my Cushcraft A50-3S finally dried out so it is now resonanting on 6m again (it was detuned by the rain we had).  I am now thinking of waterproofing the match so this doesn't happen again.  What is the best way to do this?  I am thinking of covering the gap in the open end of the tube with electrical tape and coax seal, but will this detune the match again?  I am thinking it wouldn't since it should be non-conductive.  Has anyone else on the list waterproofed a Gamma match? If so, what works best?

73s John AA5JG