[VHFcontesting] Need new GPS Unit for My Rover

Mark Adams, PE k2qo at mac.com
Wed May 27 04:32:39 PDT 2009

Hi Gang,

K2QO/r here from FN03ra. I'm getting ready for the June VHF and my
Garmin Legend is dead. I used this unit to feed NMEA 0183 data into a
PC running Rover Log by N1MU. The computer converts the data to grid
square and puts it in the log in real time. Worked fine for many years.

I'd buy another Garmin, but the DeLorme PN-20 has caught my attention.
The DeLorme maps are super nice and I could use it for navigation and
logging, maybe. Does anyone know if the PN-20 will do the job? Their
website does not contain a copy of the manual and my message in the
DeLorme forum regarding this has gotten me no replies!

Any other suggestions are welcome too.

73,
Mark K2QO/r
FN03ra