[VHFcontesting] contests are contests

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 08:43:14 PDT 2009

If one does not want to compete, go out and rove and do not turn in a log. If there is no competition here why don’t we have vhf+ get together with all these rules as an informal measuring stick. But once you take logs compare them to one another and declare winners, you have a competition.  When you turn in a log, you the operator determine how seriously you choose to take the competition and it is not up to others to determine your attitude for you.  Therefore a competition that has obvious issues should be corrected or taken down to the level of a “get together” with no awards or certificates.

After all we are debating contest rules on a contest reflector so it’s definitely a contest.

The ARRL needs to either remove the encourage to work as many people as possible language from its contest or address/ truly separate the grid circlers.
 If my boss encourages me to fix as many problems as possible and I choose a path that only serves a few problems every time I work, I may be seeking other employment