[VHFcontesting] The PSC and the VUAC

Marshall Williams k5qe at sabinenet.com
Wed May 27 11:58:58 PDT 2009

Hello Ron and all on the list....BRAVO!!!  BRAVO!!!  Ron, you have hit
the nail with your head.....

For years, the ARRL has been all about HFers and whatever the HFers
wanted.  It is high time that they recognize that, although we are a
minority, we are an important constituency too.  The accomplishments of
the VHFers are not exactly trivial.

The squeeky wheel gets the grease.....so make some noise to these guys.
Tell them in no uncertain terms, "I am mad as hell and I am not going to
take it anymore!!"  Just don't be disrespectful or strident.  Try a well
reasoned, rational approach first.  Just keep asking them why there is
no movement on getting the VHF contest rules straigtened out.

One thing that we really MUST do is to insist that the various VUAC reps
keep us up to date with what is going on in the discussions.  There has
been a great lack of this in the past.  Actually asking us what we think
would be nice.....acting on those ideas would be even better.

We have finally gotten a VUAC rep in our Division that is actually
participating in the committee work.  That is a major improvement over
here.  I am looking forward to a much better dialogue with him and with
the committee.

73 to all...Marshall K5QE