[VHFcontesting] Rules change

James Duffey JamesDuffey at comcast.net
Wed May 27 19:53:25 PDT 2009

Nate - You wrote:

"-------- RULE WORDING: Couldn't the rule have been just as effective
by saying: "At least three bands submitted by a Limited Rover must be
432 MHz or lower. The fourth band may be any band allowed in the
contest." Wasn't that REALLY the ORIGINAL intent?"

I think the original intent was to get he Joe-706 guys active in VHF
contesting. The original proposal was for 6, 2, and 432 only. With the
10s of thousands of DC to Daylight rigs out there, there should be
more weak signal VHF activity right?
"-------- A final administrative point: Weren't the 2009 rules ALREADY
PUBLISHED on the website, prior to this change?"

I am not sure that posting the rules on the internet is the same as
publishing. But I am an old fart. To me publishing is putting somehing
on paper, binding it and distributing it.  The ARRL stopped printing
the rules in QST last year. But I digress. One of the "advantages" of
posting the rules on the internet is that they can be updated if need
be. You may recall that last June's rules were revised after they were
posted. That was a mistake, not a revision, but there is precedent.
And that is probably good, the internet allows dynamic change, why not
use it.

See you at HamCon. Looking forward to meeting you and the RMVHF gang.
- Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey