[VHFcontesting] Rover Antenna Mounting Hardware

Steve Kavanagh sjkavanagh1 at yahoo.ca
Thu May 28 04:44:54 PDT 2009

For antennas that stay up while roving, split-ring lock washers and electrical tape over the ends of the U-bolts can help with not losing hardware to vibration.

For antennas that are raised and lowered at each stop, I use wing nuts, so wrenches aren't needed during the contest except for emergency repairs.

I've thought about trying to develop some sort of quick clamp for the antennas that get raised and lowered, but the effort has never quite seemed worthwhile compared to increasing power, bigger antennas, etc.

73,
Steve VE3SMA(usually /R)