[VHFcontesting] How many people are affected by the new rule change?

James Duffey JamesDuffey at comcast.net
Thu May 28 06:14:35 PDT 2009

On May 27, 2009, at 11:37 PM, Nate Duehr wrote:

> Duffey, this may be a "regional" thing... but looking back at my
> 2006 and 2007 logs, I have FAR more contacts on 1.2 GHz around here
> than on 222.  The fixed stations have 1296 here instead of 222.  It
> shows up in the Sprints too, from what I hear.  222 night is utterly
> dead.

Hey Nate - You might want to check those logs again. In 2006, it looks
like WY0X/r had 23 QSOs on 222 MHz and 20 on 1296 MHz. In 2007, you
had 23 contacts on 222 MHz and 15 on 1296 MHz. Now the difference in
QSO points makes the 1296 MHz QSOs more valuable, but it looks like
the activity up there in Colorado is the roughly the same or a little
more on 222 MHz as it is on 1296 MHz. And I suspect it is pretty much
the same in most of  the US. - Duffey

--
KK6MC
James Duffey