[VHFcontesting] VHF contesting newbie

Kutzko, Sean, KX9X kx9x at arrl.org
Thu May 28 07:19:47 PDT 2009

> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 9:38 AM, <w1rrd at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
>
> I'm a newbie to VHF contesting and was wondering where I could read up
on
> participating in these events. I've got a base 706, so i think I could
> operate with that. I'm located in Central Ohio so I'm not sure if
there is
> much activitity in this area. Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Dick, W1RRD

Hello, Dick-

Welcome to the list. One of the best introductions I've seen on getting
started in weak-signal VHF operating and contesting is on the Pacific
Northwest VHF Society's web site. It's written from the perspective of a
person in that neck of the woods, but a lot of the information is
universal.

Here's the link:

http://pnwvhfs.org/articles/beyondfm/getting_started.htm

Hope to work you on the bands soon!

73,

Sean Kutzko, KX9X
Contest Branch Manager

ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington CT 06111-1494
Telephone: 860-594-0232
Fax: 860-594-0259