[VHFcontesting] PSC & the newbies

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 09:26:21 PDT 2009

Yes the bitching comes later when you become too involved in what you are doing……

Now back to the bitching.

Hybrid logs that are half scored qsos and half un-scored qsos via a check log could withstand scrutiny of the accusations of cherry picking and some other funny business that could happen in rovers and perhaps multi-ops if the ARRL had us add what type of station we were operating in the QSO exchange and ensured it all reconciled in the same fashion of missing log entries that punish the guy you worked and did not log.

IE K3UHF/R or K3UHF/RL or K3UHF/RU or K3UHF/P or K3UHF/MU  ECT….
A key could be created.

You see the problem is that some of our issues could be resolved if the people who actually signed off on the rules participated in the contests.   Right now most of the PSC has no idea what we are arguing about and offer no explanation why they ignored the recommendation of the VUAC they created and was a collective voice of us all.  That demonstrates they don’t really care or feel the need to explain themselves and tarnishes the ARRL as a whole.  Or there someone who does these unethical things that has the ear of the PSC?  Just like the log issue on all ARRL contests, there is no transparency and therefore the awards may be non-legit, we will never know………

anyway have fun before you get too far into this.