[VHFcontesting] Think about this a bit....

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 11:22:53 PDT 2009

Hi Frank and all.. I've been VHF contesting for 50 years.. I don't consider myself a "microwave pioneer" but I have a little perspective on it I guess and the TRUTH IS the "grid circlers" or "pack rovers" or whatever you call them don't bother me at all.. We all have our reasons for doing what we do.. I just want to get on the air and work guys and have some fun and in a contest I try to get the best score i can.. Well, I AM having fun.. I assume the grid circlers are as well.. GREAT!!

Also, just as an aside, many of the "pack rovers" have really top notch 10 band stations, are serious contesters, and work LOTS of other stations besides the pack..

bill, K1DY