[VHFcontesting] Why does Unlimited Rover exist?

Steve Clifford k4gun.r at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:01:11 PDT 2009

I'd like to hear an answer to this simple question from anybody who doesn't
understand why the classic and limited rovers are upset about this latest
flap over some obviously misguided rules.  Tell me why Unlimited Rover
exists.  Then tell me what distinguishes those operators from the operators
in the other two rover categories.  Tell me how the operating realities are
so different as to require a separate category.

Based on the behavior of the rule making body of the ARRL, it seems as if
Unlimited Rover was established for no reason other than slightly reducing
the scores that could be submitted for club competition.

Steve
K4GUN/R