[VHFcontesting] Why does Unlimited Rover exist?

wa4kxy at bellsouth.net wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Thu May 28 15:55:00 PDT 2009

Limited Rover was established because a few years ago there was a large and vocal request from the rover community (many on this reflector) for a rover category that would allow newbies and folks with limited equipment to compete in their own category.  How soon we forget.  The new band rule for limted rover was created to prevent the category from being hijacked by folks using high value microwave bands.  We looked at 222, 902/903 and 1296 as the "fourth band".  We decided on 222 because it would be the easiest band to get on after 6, 2 and 432.  It was as simple as that guys.  No ARRL conspiracies, etc so give it a rest.

73
Jim, W4KXY
Southeastern Division VUAC Representative
-------------- Original message from Steve Clifford <k4gun.r at gmail.com>: --------------