[VHFcontesting] A gentelman's approach

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 21:59:20 PDT 2009

A simple solution would be those of us with concerns about the behavior to seek a solution by confronting the gang rovers directly and in the public.  A letter much more diplomatic than I can write with Jim chewing on my leg should be drafted stating our concerns and asking them to show their logs to disprove the allegations against them and keep the respect of the contesting community as a whole.
It seems to reason they should be proud of how they earned their awards. It would seem they would be glad to Elmer others on how to generate more contacts.  In fact it’s quite sad that they don’t hand out tips like other rovers do. oops sarcasim...
Those of us concerned should come to a consensus and I will do the leg work to address those who we have questions about.  WE CAN AGREE AS A WHOLEWHO WE SHOULD ASK.
Does this sound like a reasonable approach to policing ourselves?
Only with discussion can you truly understand the other side’s point of view.
Those of you on the side lines sick of this should think about this, what would you do if something unethical to you and a lot of your peers was going on in your category?
Anyone interested in taking this to them like gentlemen and see where we get?
Speak up now or think about it a few days then decide.