[VHFcontesting] K5N in EL58hx is on the air!

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Fri May 29 14:00:46 PDT 2009

I worked K5N at 2010 UT on 50.150 SSB as well, while just hanging around
working in the shop. (5 el at 30 ft!) They said that they just got the first
station running and this was their first contacts made.  They said it was
very wet and that slowed them down but they are good to go now and the
second station will be on shortly.
    I have a meteor sked with them later this evening at 1 AM local time. I
am still going to try that. It is a long haul on meteors, being over 1425
miles and a difficult path.  Should be fun.  Anyway they are definitely
QRVnow. I heard a number of other QSOs with K5N including W3EP, and K1NA,

73
Dave K1WHS

Subject: [VHFcontesting] K5N in EL58hx is on the air!

> Jack, WA5UUD just worked them on 50.150 mhz SSB. Some of us are stuck at
> work, but for the rest of you---go get 'em boys!
>
> 73,
>
> Les Rayburn, N1LF
> EM63nf
> 121 Mayfair Park