[VHFcontesting] a new Strategy for home and club stations

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat May 30 13:14:25 PDT 2009

Pizza delivery guys might be a bit more nervous these days after the poor
pizza delivery guy in Erie PA a few years ago who for his efforts got a bomb
 strapped to his body, and ended up unwillingly doing an imitation of a
crazy  middle east terrorist.

I hope the guy in Texas got a good tip....

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 5/30/2009 3:21:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kenharker at kenharker.com writes:

On Sat,  May 30, 2009 at 09:24:06AM -0500, Zack Widup wrote:
> I'ver never done  this yet but I've occasionbally thought of calling a
pizza
> place 15  miles away with my cell phone when I'm on a hilltop and
ordering a
>  pizza.
>
> I can imagine the response - "You want it delivered  WHERE?"
> :-)

As a student at the University of Texas, we were  once operating the ARRL
November Sweepstakes and successfully got a pizza  delivery guy to bring us
pizza at the shack.  The directions were  something like: "it's the
building
at the northeast corner of the  intersection, but there's two buildings
at that corner and you want the  easternmost one.  You need to take the
elevator up to the top floor,  that's level four, and then take the
roof access stairs at the eastern end  of the building up to the roof.
We're in the penthouse on the other  end of the roof - the one with a
radio tower next to it.  Just follow  the boardwalk, but mind the loose
boards."  That only worked once  :-)

cntnew00000007)