[VHFcontesting] Leonids 2M skeds for WAS

Keith Morehouse w9rm at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 15:00:27 PST 2009

I'm looking for well equipped stations in AZ, MT, NV or UT willing to run 2M M/S skeds during the upcoming Leonid shower.  It would be best if you were within 1300 miles of EN52rb, but a little further would be OK.  These will be pretty low angle shots so a good horizon to the east/northeast is helpful (Salt Lake City guys are probably out of luck).

It would probably be best if you were running at lest 500W to a long boom antenna or a stack - these are serious distances we're talking about :)

Any takers ?  Since any of these states would be new for me, I'm available any time of day or night.  It doesn't look like the geometry really favors North America, but....

Jay W9RM
EN52rb  IL