[VHFcontesting] June VHF Results

Steve Clifford k4gun.r at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 05:54:33 PST 2009

Great job on the June rove.  Our problems were several.  The biggest of
which was the lack of money and operating time.  Because I had to work on
Saturday, my operating time was very limited.  We didn't make an overnight
trip so only operated from local grids.

We also had some technical problems.  The 432 amp was dead.  The 144 amp
would not key with the ptt so we did RF keying.  The 222 transverter
couldn't be keyed either so I had to get out of the truck and manually
ground the keying line while transmitting.  Added to that, we had very
sporadic openings on 6 meters and it wasn't our greatest effort.

We're getting set for January.  W8ZN is working with me to get the station
back in complete running order.  My job has changed so I don't work on
Saturdays any more.  I predict a much improved score for January.  We will
be back in the hunt.

73

Steve - K4GUN/R