[VHFcontesting] 222 Tuesdays are BACK!

James French w8iss at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 1 13:58:32 PDT 2009

Hello Todd.

Just wanted to pass this along to you to see if anyone is interested.

I am working on a group purchase for some of the W1GHZ Microwave
transverter boards that Paul wrote a paper about for last years Microwave
Update. I have had good response so far on that count. More info about
the transverters can be found at:
http://www.w1ghz.org/MBT/multiband.htm

I am also going to do a group purchase for some of his 222MHz transverter
boards that he wrote a article about in QST a few years ago that uses the
Ft-817 as an IF for at 24MHz. You can find out more about this at:
http://www.w1ghz.org/222xvtr/222.htm

From what I understand, a few of the components have become 'unobtaium'
(a phrase from Kent Britian WA5VJB) but can be substituted easily.

So if you can, pass it along that I plan on making the group purchase plus a
couple of his 222MHz transverters also.

James W8ISS