[VHFcontesting] stacked yagi's

Paul Decker kg7hf at comcast.net
Fri Apr 9 20:07:25 PDT 2010

Hey group,

I'm in the process of stacking two 11 element 70cm yagi's.  I've modeled it in eznec and I think the optimum distance is about 42".  (note that I might switch units without warning).

Once I have the two 50 yagi's stacked, my model says I need to have one 180 out of phase, does this seem right?

If that is the case, then I need different lengths of coax to feed each antenna.

Should I use a 50 ohm power divider and feed each antenna with 1.25w and 1.75w 50 coax, or should I feed with 1.25 and 1.75 75 Ohm coax and simply use a T connecter.  Is there an advantage of one over the other?

thanks for any help, 73,

Paul (KG7HF)