[VHFcontesting] stacked yagi's

Paul Kiesel k7cw at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 11:43:14 PDT 2010

I apologize for jumping into this thread and not being careful about what I stated. I meant to state that when using 75 ohm coax (instead of a power divider) to perform the impedance transformation, you need to use quarter wave lines or odd multiples of quarter-wave lines to feed the antennas. To keep it simple, use equal lengths. But, you may also, for instance, use a 3/4-wave line to feed one yagi and a 5/4-wave line to feed the other. The 5/4-wave line is a half-wave longer than the 3/4-wave line, so it presents a 180 degree phase shift at the feedpoint as compared to the 1st line. In order to keep the antennas in phase, you would then reverse the feed on one of the antennas to cancel the 180 degree phase shift introduced by the longer coax line.

Again, I apologize for jumping in and creating confusion.

Paul, K7CW