[VHFcontesting] EME Opportunity

Tim Coad timcoad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 13:18:37 PDT 2010

Heard the KP4AO gang for about 1.5 hrs today starting 1800z here. CW
432.043.8
Using single 30 element yagi, elevated. Did not make a QSO however.

This is the first EME signal I have ever heard! YAY!  Would be easier if I
could actually see the moon! Was out in back yard with protractor and
compass....

They were very weak. Not as advertised....wonder if they are really running
400 watts? Anyone know?

Tim - NU6S
CM87