[VHFcontesting] 222 sprint

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 22 06:14:25 PDT 2010

Did well until shortly after 9:30pm when the blower died in the amp.
It intermittently made grinding noises all night before quitting
altogether, but of course in the true spirit of contesting I just put
on my headphones and ignored all that. Managed to work 42 QSO's in 19
grids. Furthest contacts were VE3ZV EN92 and K4QI FM06. The next
night I found the spare blower and repaired the amp. Someday will
have to figure out this distance scoring stuff.
Thanks to all who were QRV and to the event sponsors.
-73, Ron WZ1V FN31mp