[VHFcontesting] Flex-Radio 1500 & WSJT

Ray J Ray at w9ray.org
Fri Apr 30 16:16:12 PDT 2010

as far as the audio you need a 3rd party program, Virtual Audio Cable,
known as  VAC for short, to route the audio from PowerSDR to WSJT

http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50230.aspx

PowerSDR uses CAT commands to talk to WSJT using virtual com port program

http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50345.aspx

It might be ok for VHF hams.. but not for microwave operators.. It has
no 2 meter capability for any of the higher band transverters.

there is ptt in and out and audio in and out located on the back as well
as I2C Serial data port.. but no accessories made for it yet..its all in
a db9 connector.. no easy to use rca plugs

there is a UHF sdr transceiver kit around.. I have it, but have not had
a chance to work on it yet.. covers 1.75-700mhz with decent preamp and
50 mW rf output.

http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html#UHFSDR

w9Ray