[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Rotator Question for Rovers

Dan Evans dan.evans at insightbb.com
Sun Aug 8 05:51:23 PDT 2010

Hi Austin,

I decided to go with a rotator several years ago.   Out here in the
midwest, nearly every QSO comes from a different direction.  Using the
vehicle to turn the antennas, or the old "armstrong" method, gets to be
a real pain in the butt...

I mounted an AR40 in the bed of my pickup truck, and mount the antennas
to a push up mast.   The AR40 seems to be more than enough rotator for
the job.  I power it with a small inverter.   I picked up  a cheap
inverter from Harbor Freight and it works well.   Yes, it puts out a bit
of noise, but not real bad.  And, I normally switch the inverter on only
when moving the antennas.

73
Dan
--
You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out!
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el