[VHFcontesting] Use of negative voltage to reduce power with FT-847

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Feb 2 14:59:40 PST 2010

Dave,

Haven't used it on mine, but your numbers don't match this guy's,
right?  You cant get the ALC to activate at all?
http://www.supercontrol.de/cat/ft847faq/page2.htm#alccontrol

Something might be wrong...

Also I *seem* to recall somewhere in the dusty corners of my mind that
there's a menu setting that swaps the ALC pin from being an ALC to
something else... seems like it was a toggle...

There seems to be more "chatter" out there about ALC modifications to
the FT-847 since I last looked on Google.  Stuff like this:
http://www.70mhz.org/847mods2.htm

Did you buy yours used, or have you had it since new?  Someone may have
dorked with it.

Nate WY0X