[VHFcontesting] Need some non-contest microwave info

w0ep w0ep at yipyap.com
Mon Feb 22 18:54:08 PST 2010

I'm new to this list.  I hope to be able to do more VHF contesting in
the future.
This may be far off topic, if so, please direct me to anyplace you think
might be useful.

I have some military surplus microwave signal generator equipment and I'm
trying to figure out if there is some way for me to tell if they are
working.
I don't necessarily need to have any accuracy in frequency or level, just
to know if there is a signal coming out.

My O-scope does 200 Mhz
My frequency counter says it will go up to 1.3 Ghz.
My sources are 1.6-4.5 Ghz and 3.7-8.4 Ghz

If this were HF I might try a lightbulb test or something.
But other than cooking, I have no experience with microwave equipment.

Chris
w0ep
EM53