[VHFcontesting] CC&R effect on ham radio

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 5 09:57:52 PST 2010

 The notion of Home owners associations being voluntary is comparable to the same notion that living in a racist society is voluntary and that segregation is voluntary for people who choose to live in the south.  When a vast majority of land owners choose the same form of land control, its hard to fight and it is discrimination against the ham radio subculture.

HOA's can't stop me from buying if I'm German, but they can if I have an antenna.  There is a major difference here than having rules of where you put your RV or trash cans. Hoa's limit owners freedom of expression and if you took it to the Nth degree where everyone has a HOA, then everyone looses their freedom of expression.  We should not close our eyes just because its not happening to us direectly on our own property. The CC&R issue is having a major negative threat on our activities and lifestyles and when and if they get everywhere our activity will die.

That's why we should seek a change in the laws from Congress.  That should be the number one issue at the ARRL.

However witht he reality of the CC&R we should have a robust structure of activities to do on VHF where you can hide the antennas and encourage

k3uhf