[VHFcontesting] HOAs and discrimination.

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 6 13:26:48 PST 2010

A better argument on the antenna issue vs HOA's is that there are exceptions for TV antennas and Sat. Dishes as well as broad band internet antennas.  All of these are corporate based profit making ventures.  Nobody forces one to use these services but they are granted an exception.  This is why it is compareable discrimination. I mean religion and following one's faith is a choice and discrimantion against religion is not tolerated.

Granted we cant all raise pigs in our back yard, but city ordinances deal with that as well.

As for the upper band use again I ask, what are we doing with it on a regular basis that takes up all that spectrum and where's the plan to do something with it.  Trading it for lower band security and reasonable exceptions to CC&R's  in congress may be our best use of these bands for all of Ham Radio.

Its an Idea, be offended if you like. Twist it ro a rover discusion if you must.  I always thought of it as a lively debate. And even if you're wrong, you care about the future of ham radio.

k3uhf